Tartarini lpg ecu

Lpg08

Tartarini lpg ecu

#1 Post by Lpg08 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi i am in the process of installing a 6 cylinder tartarini lpg system in a landcruiser 4.5l

The issue i have run into is the lpg wiring. Being a second hand system its was wired for a matrix lpg injector which im not using. I will be using valtek 34 injectors which have 4 wires per 3 rail ( rail has 3 inkectoes each)

Im assuming 3 wires are a wire each from the gas ecu to signal switching and then a red/black stripe wire witch i guess would be constant 12v?

Where as the harness for the matrix injectors have 6 wires for a bank of injectors iland i cant figure out what they do.

The two black wires in the center seem to all be connected to one another for both rails when doing a continuity test.

So i guess i would like to know what wires do what.

Thanks hope to hear back

Lpg08

Re: Tartarini lpg ecu

#2 Post by Lpg08 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 pm

I cant seem to upload a pic but the wiring color for the matrix injector is brown, red, black, black, orange, yellow

From just guessing brown,red, orange and yellow are injector pulse signal.

Bit not sure what two black wires are for. They seem to have larger terminals in the connectors.

Would they be constant 12v? But why have 2 wires?

Also i did try check with a multimeter but i dont get anything guessing because the ecu isnt setup yet.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#3 Post by Brian_H » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:48 pm

On the uploading a photo side of things, typically its the size of the photos thats causing the forum upload to fail, either reduce the quality/size of them (2mb I think is the limit, might be lower) or post them somewhere else and link them here, I think Imgur works for that. If alternatively you can't see the upload option, you might need to use the full editor & preview button in the reply field to see the upload options.

There are many Tartarini ecus, but if you can identify the one you have, then the software sometimes has a wiring diagram included, lots of software available from this link for various ecus
https://projekt-tech.com/diagnostic-programs-pm-23.html

Lpg08

#4 Post by Lpg08 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 pm

The ecu is aeb based i believe AEB2568's.

Software im using is tartarini 6.1.0.308

Other problem i may run into is running the valtek 34 injectors which are 3ohm?

The software dosnt give any options for valtek injectors.
It list

Matrix
Tartarini
Tartarini evo 06,07,08,09,08g

No idea what ohms any of these injectors are.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#5 Post by Brian_H » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:16 pm

Wiring wise, the download at the bottom of this page should be what you want
https://www.lpgwebshop.com/en/gas-ecus- ... witch.html

Don't know whats best to suggest on the matrix injectors, it seems they use their own specific plug, so your loom may not match the more common plug types. Without seeing what you have, its hard to recommend anything, though maybe this is what you need?
https://tinleytech.co.uk/shop/lpg-parts ... trix-conv/

Gilbertd
Advanced Member

#6 Post by Gilbertd » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Why are you using Valtek rather than keeping the Matrix? Valtek 34's are pretty good but the Matrix injectors are much better. Or didn't you get the Matrix injectors with the kit?
96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
93 Range Rover 4.2LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
97 Range Rover 4.0SE, multipoint, sold
98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, AEB Leo, daily motor
96 Range Rover 4.6HSE Ascot, AEB Leo, my spare

Proud member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

Lpg08

#7 Post by Lpg08 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:52 pm

Yes ive seen that manual. Dosnt help in terms of lpg injector wiring.

And yes it didnt come with matric injectors.

That adapter from tinley tech is essentialy what im trying to do but need to know what wires do what first.

I wpuld purchase the adapter but i need it asap and cant wait for it to come via post.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#8 Post by Brian_H » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:09 pm

Hopefully Simon will pop in with an answer, I can only suggest that the two black wires are the positive feed (1 pin to feed 2 injectors) and the other 4 coloured wires are an injector each. Assuming your Landcruiser is a 6 cylinder, you'd want the injector circuits A/B/C and E/F/G used, as detailed in this post > viewtopic.php?f=28&t=15682&p=117312#p117289

If you don't get an answer, worst case scenearo you might have to connect it up and figure it out from there (you can switch most systems to a single cylinder at a time on lpg, and use that to identify which wire is which from there either by sound or a multimeter - you could use that to confirm what the two black wires are in any case though).

Lpg08

#9 Post by Lpg08 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:07 am

So ive got the car running.

2 black wires are power.

Yellow is injector 1
Orange no 2
Red no 3

Only issue i seem to have now is that injectors D and F give me a error.

I can run the car on gas with injectors D and F turned of. As soon as its turned on it will switch to petrol and give me the error for them.

Any ideas? Ive tripple checked the wiring and also switched them around to no avail.

I checked the injector coil resistence and they seem fine (same as the good ones)

Lpg08

#10 Post by Lpg08 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:56 am

I have taken the injectors out of the rail cleaned them and tested with 12v just quickly switching them

They seem to be working fine.

Not sure what to do next

Lpg08

#11 Post by Lpg08 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:55 am

Just an update.

Got it running.
The two injectors were not getting a signal from the petrol injectors wiring was all good just the connector had a loose terminal
Gave it a squeeze with pliers and its all good.

Also sso far the valtek 34 injectors seem to be running fine under the matrix option.

Only this with the software it dosnt give me the map to fine tune.
In the manusl it shows the older software with mapping as a tab. Il try the older software see what happens.

Also another thing interms of the rpm signal i had the brown wire connected to the negative side of the coil and i got readings if 7500rpm at idle. So i disconnected it and all seems well with just the rpm signal from the injectors.

Hope this helps someone in the future