Moto removing LPG pumps from serivces

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

Moto removing LPG pumps from serivces

#1 Post by Brian_H »

Tried to fill at both Medway and Heston service areas recently to find both of them out of service, Filled yesterday at Toddington Northbound and noticed the price has disappeared from the southbound side, so decided to query that with Moto. Recevied the following response with the list of remaining stations

Autogas is still commissioned at the following Moto locations:
Toddington North (M1)
Pease Pottage (M23)
Chieveley (A34/M4)
Leigh Delamare East and West (M4)
Exeter (M5)
Lymm (M6/M56)
Wetherby (A1M)

I think as far as I can tell this list is exhaustive, so would suggest the following ones are now out of service (waiting for confirmation if its staying that way, but the Impression I got suggested so) - There may be more to add to this list. Not included those that have been out for some time - Stafford, Reading, Winchester etc.

Medway (M2)
Heston (M4)
Toddington southbound (M1)
Knutsford (M6)
Donnington park (M1)
Lancaster South (M6) (Northbound had been broken for years anyway)
Doncaster (M18/M180)

brockwell09

Re: Moto removing LPG pumps from serivces

#2 Post by brockwell09 »

The guy in Shell Croydon told me that they were not planning to continue selling lpg. As and when station refurbishment takes place due to falling demand and tighter regulations they intend to phase it out.
My local BP garage in Forest hill has just removed the pump , again I was told they are stopping selling it. Is this happening in other parts of the country ?
Best Guy

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#3 Post by Brian_H »

Have a read of viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14876

The short version of that, is all the Shell operated forecourts that were supplied by Calor under the Autogas partnership, have gone. Croydon was one of those.

All the affected ones of those have already closed as of October last year, and pumps have been removed. Where Shell branded/Franchised (but not operated) filling stations exist, they at this point have been largely unaffected and able to offer lpg (typically from Flogas rather than Calor).

Moto have confirmed as below today

"Yes. Medway Dover, Medway London, Toddington South and Heston West have all been decommissioned. Heston East still has Autogas available but will be decommissioned in the Spring."

https://www.filllpg.co.uk and https://autogas.app/ and https://www.mylpg.eu/ list for the most part the remaining stations.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#4 Post by Brian_H »

Had confirmation today that the only Moto services offering LPG now are these (plus Heston Eastbound for a short while until its decomissioned).

Toddington North (M1)
Pease Pottage (M23)
Chieveley (A34/M4)
Leigh Delamare East and West (M4)
Exeter (M5)
Lymm (M6/M56)
Wetherby (A1M)

Fillpg has been updated with those that are definitely gone.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#5 Post by Brian_H »

Donnington Park definitely gone - pump has been removed now.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#6 Post by Brian_H »

Pease Pottage on the M23 has now also been removed after someone managed to destroy the pump, been there today to find the previously wrecked pump replaced by a metal plate on the island so clearly not going to get fixed.