Is MFG is a MFinG filling station network?

Avensist

Is MFG is a MFinG filling station network?

#1 Post by Avensist » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:19 pm

OK we all know and had discussions regarding Shell removing majority of their LPG pumps from their forecourts. Just looking at:
https://www.filllpg.co.uk/
for prices across the country, did anyone realise that most 80p per litre stations are MFG owned? All these stations were previously well priced and quite a few of them operated that good old 'accumulator' loyalty schemes making it even better value for money but since MFG took over, it is now the most expensive. Majority of stations they own is priced 80p per litre across the country.

Furthermore, I was looking at their petrol prices too on petrol price comparison site, and the picture is pretty much the same. Esso (mostly MFG owned) is doing this fill up for over 20 litres and you get 500 Nectar points, but even then, when you work it out even by filling the bare minimum 20 litres, the prices charged by MFG is so high that it is better off going to other places to fill up.

I think MFG is another one of those who buys businesses, ruins them and buggers off.

Most failing businesses often neglect to do their research. Prime example is this LPG pricing. Just because there aren't many filling stations in the local radius, charging high prices often backfires. Most of us LPG users do long distances and very price aware so if the local one gets expensive we'll change our filling locations to a more favourable ones. Shell obviously failed to see this and I think MFG is next.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

Re: Is MFG is a MFinG filling station network?

#2 Post by Brian_H » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Yes. Their main profit appears to be shop purchases rather than fuel. Trouble is in a lot of places its mfg or nothing.

They have also ended up with a lot of the sites that used to be BP connect, a lot of these were malthurst but MFG brought malthurst a while back.

Esso don't usually give points on lpg. At least not when I've used them. Rarely do use them as none of the stations I regularly go by are theirs.

Avensist

#3 Post by Avensist » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:45 pm

Mind you, supermarkets seem to grasp the market well with competitive pricing, some having 24 hours access even for LPG, which I like.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#4 Post by Brian_H » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:03 pm

It seems that MFG are starting to pull pumps out of stations, hardly surprising given they are currently 11p a litre more expensive than the Shell one a couple of miles away from them here. I've seen a few stations deleted off filllpg which are their ones.

Avensist

#5 Post by Avensist » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:07 am

Good god! Don't they understand how the market works? Typical of a company putting people who have never done a proper work in their lives in management positions.

Their filling stations are 80p across the country no matter what the local competitions are like. Now spending money pulling the pumps? I don't know how these species survive...

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#6 Post by Brian_H » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:06 pm

Well the combination of parking restrictions of 20 minutes, and installing rapid chargers seems a bit at odds with each other, but that typically seems to be what they are doing over their various locations.

Avensist

#7 Post by Avensist » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:11 pm

Ok, a typical case of putting those who's never done a proper job in their lives trying to increase revenues. I hope they go extinct soon. I am really fed up with these type of species.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#8 Post by Brian_H » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:52 pm

Another 10p/litre rise it seems they have started rolling out now as I've seen 89.9 on their station in Bourne yesterday. Also it seems the private equity group behind MFG are also the same lot trying to buy Morrisons...

Avensist

#9 Post by Avensist » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 pm

Yes I noticed that they have tried to take advantage of current the situation. Other successful outlets have kept the prices low so that customers would come and in return purchase other items but these MFingG lot tries to sting the moment customers come in. There is only so much can be made by selling LPG, which they don't seem to realise. Either way I don't like the way they conduct business and would Morrisons go under they hands? I hope not. They will probably ruin the business and sell it at a profit, little regards to contribution to the society.