Current LPG availability at petrol stations

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

Re: Current LPG availability at petrol stations

#21 Post by Brian_H » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:45 pm

Maybe, though I'd imagine very few domestic customers are using a lot at this point in the year as very few will want their heating on, so it would be the leisure (caravans) and cooking usage for the most part. Though the last time there was supply issues autogas was last in the queue so your probabbly right there.

Refilling from bottles can be rather costly depending where you get the bottles from as well as some of them work out over the £1/litre mark

Dacia are the only offering in the UK as you say, at least the only one I've seen any publicity about.

Lots of modern vehicles are not good candidates for conversion in the UK - lots of diesels where whilst you can add lpg to improve economy and emissions, is rarely done here, Direct injection petrols whilst they can be converted, there are downsides to deal with, and lots of smaller vehicles where you can't fit a big enough tank into to make it worthwhile. Combine that with the filling station network we have (where you struggle to get basic correct information from - like the recent refit at the local Shell here, where the LPG was out for 3 months with them saying it will be back on next week for weeks on end after a tank replacement) and you can see why people have drifted away from LPG.

robertXX

#22 Post by robertXX » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:52 am

tanks being fitted at witney at last :)
"The Temptress" thread..... https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/215234/temptress
'Medusa" thread .....https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/threads/medusa.206057/

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#23 Post by Brian_H » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:02 am

Flogas don't seem able to pull their finger out, I thought Broughton was bad given it took 3 months to get back online!