Lack of lpg North Yorkshire

robbie1944

Lack of lpg North Yorkshire

#1 Post by robbie1944 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi

As a regular visitor to North Yorkshire there has always been plenty of lpg garages until recently when all the garages serviced by Bata lpg have all stopped selling lpg.

I have asked why and was told there is an electrical problem with the pumps and are waiting to have them fixed

Just wondering if anyone else have had problems in other parts of the country as I know one of Morrison’s Lpg garages in Hull has had a new fancy pump fitted some time ago and now this is shut down and has been For some time again for electrical problems so what is happening

Any comments would be welcome

Bob

LPGC
Installer

Re: Lack of lpg North Yorkshire

#2 Post by LPGC » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:46 pm

First I've heard about this

But since yesterday I've filled 3 LPG vehicles up at forecourts in Doncaster (Morrisons York Road) and Wakefield (Redbeck), also passed another 2 forecourts selling LPG as usual in Castleford and Doncaster.
Full time LPG installer
Servicing / Diagnostics / Repairs to all systems / DIY conversion kits supplied with thorough tech support
Mid Yorkshire
2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#3 Post by Brian_H » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:18 pm

There has been a fair number of outlets disappearing recently, a number of them Shell stations. It may be worth checking out filllpg for the area your looking at to see where is available, but it's not just north Yorkshire that's lost stations, others as well have gone, typically where there is cheaper competition. The Shell station that was on the A52 for example in Derby has gone recently, but given they were asking 15p a litre more than Adsa a couple of miles away it's hardly surprising.

robbie1944

#4 Post by robbie1944 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:00 am

Yes if you look on the lpg fillip site out of 17 sites in the North Yorkshire area 10 are not selling lpg that is a huge drop

There also seems to be a lot of Morrison’s sites around the country which are not selling lpg at the moment and more and more Shell garages are getting rid of lpg very sad,

robbie1944

#5 Post by robbie1944 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:24 am

It appears all of these sites have been shut down because of an electrical problem with there pumps

Except for Shell who are just closing lpg pumps and taking them out

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#6 Post by Brian_H » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:30 am

It may be more of a till interface issue, having seen behind the scenes in a fair few petrol stations, the lpg pumps frequently aren't the same brand as the petrol ones. Can't see much else affecting all of them at the same time.

robbie1944

#7 Post by robbie1944 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:06 am

It is getting very concerning the number of sites which are now closed even a lot of Morrison’s sites are closed but there seems no urgency in rectifying the problems

Is there no way of putting pressure to get this sorted

You look at lpg site and see the number of not available sites very concei

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#8 Post by Brian_H » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 pm

You can try getting a reply off the supplier - its generally a waste of time even asking at the sites (especially the larger chains such as Shell/Morissons) as the staff in a lot of them don't have a clue. Either Shell or autogas (provided the forecourt in question is one of the Autogas/Calor sites, not a Flogas site) or Morissions customer services. I wouldn't hold much hope on getting an answer that means anything out of them though. Morat has said on the Rangerovers forum (he is also on here) that hes using the Asda in York as all the local ones to him around that way have been out of action for a while as well.

If you do get any response please post details back here if your able to.

robbie1944

#9 Post by robbie1944 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:37 pm

I did email Morrison’s and got a standard reply sorry we are doing our best

I also contacted Bata in North Yorkshire and got no response from them

So it seems just bite the bullet and wait and see what happens

I have started using Asda in York now when I stay in the north

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#10 Post by Brian_H » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:39 pm

Personally if a garage has removed their LPG, I won't use them for anything at all except if passing and need to use the facilities. I'd suspect a lot of Shell removing LPG is driven by Calor thinking they are missing out on bottle sales as well (customers using refillable bottles) as their depots that had autogas have removed it for the most part, even where it was selling significant amounts. But then Calor haven't got the best of reputations on the exploitation of their customers where they can either, anyone whos used them off a bulk tank seems to be glad to be shot of them.