starting on gas.

robbie1003

starting on gas.

#1 Post by robbie1003 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:17 pm

My question is on romano multipoint system on 4.7 grand cherokee v8, I know when cold its best to start on petrol especialy with plastic inlet manifold but is it possible to start on gas only when warm? I know you can press the button in for 9 seconds but this doesn't allways work and explaining this to a woman can sometimes be difficult lol so is there some setup I can make to help? Otherhalf does allot of start stop driving and if we could start on gas when its warm it would save a fortune in petrol a month.

LPGC
Installer

Re: starting on gas.

#2 Post by LPGC » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:59 pm

robbie1003 wrote:My question is on romano multipoint system on 4.7 grand cherokee v8, I know when cold its best to start on petrol especialy with plastic inlet manifold but is it possible to start on gas only when warm? I know you can press the button in for 9 seconds but this doesn't allways work and explaining this to a woman can sometimes be difficult lol so is there some setup I can make to help? Otherhalf does allot of start stop driving and if we could start on gas when its warm it would save a fortune in petrol a month.

Probably not, especially if your ECU is an older one and especially if you don't have dealer level access to ECU settings. A way to achieve automatic starting on gas with a warm engine would be to replace your existing ECU with a more recent AEB ECU - recent firmware allows the start on gas option but won't work on an older ECU.. Don't try to update the firmware on your Romano ECU without speaking to a Romano supplier like Mint LPG or you could kill your existing ECU. You could use any recent AEB ECU that has the start on gas when hot facility, such as a King ECU.... But would be cheaper to train the missus! :lol:

Simon
www.Lpgc.co.uk
Full time LPG installer
Servicing / Diagnostics / Repairs to all systems / DIY conversion kits supplied with thorough tech support
Mid Yorkshire
2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon