Merc c200 pet (2000) seq 4 system

cameronboy

Re: Merc c200 pet (2000) seq 4 system

#16 Post by cameronboy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Fixed the leak but problem didnt go away.. I suppose I was hoping that it was drawing in air and altering the mixture thus causing missfire.

Appears to run fine on petrol but as soon as I switch to LPG give it some welly it switches off the gas and shuts down a cylinder...
switch off engine start up again runs fine until I repeat above...

Run on petrol for last 24 hours no problems, unable to get in touch with local LPG fitter....will try again tommorow if not
I will need to find another..... :(

cameronboy

Re: Merc c200 pet (2000) seq 4 system vaporiser strip

#17 Post by cameronboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:38 am

On my quest to fix my merc i managed to track down the fitter the next plan is to strip down the above unit.

he is unable to repair fit the vehicle in but suggests heavy ends is a common fault and as a starting point I strip down the vaporiser.

I am unable to find a repair kit for this so will take my time so I don't break the gaskets.

I will take a couple of photos of break down as I Haven't seen any on line... despite an extensive google search..

cameronboy

#18 Post by cameronboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Stripped the vaporizer kme down,
The needle valve was sticking and is as the fitter said 9/10 possible
route cause.
I have care fully removed all seals and have the parts on the gas side
now sitting in white spirit, I was surprised how much @!## came out
dust and wax like deposits on the needle valve.....

cameronboy

#19 Post by cameronboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Kme Akme vaporiser (vaporiser)

Easy to strip down just four hex screws split the gasket on the face shown above with rubber mallet and large flat blade.

Large 28mm nut in middle has a spring loaded needle valve. Just loosen and remove with socket.
The needle valve can now be fully removed.

I removed all seals/orings from this side of the device.
I soaked the nut and needle valve in carb cleaner and manually scrubbed the chambers to remove all waxy brown substance.
The large gasket diaphragm also has a brass insert this also was cleaned and I scrubbed the diaphragm with hot soapy water.

it all clean and re-assembled and ready to put back on the car in the morning..
Last edited by cameronboy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cameronboy

#20 Post by cameronboy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:05 am

Although running smoother its still shutting down...
after running..

when switching from petrol to gas number four has a slight misfire

If i disconnect number 4 gas rail then reconnect it it runs fine momentarily then develops the slight misfire...

? not enough pressure to that rail......

will swap number 4 plug with number 1 plug to see if the plugs at fault although misfire does not show under petrol...

cameronboy

#21 Post by cameronboy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:24 pm

This is the ecu control unit fitted to my car although mine does not have the stickers on the fitter removed them...when it was first installed..

cameronboy

#22 Post by cameronboy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Also swapped out number 3 valtek injector with number 4....
Didnt make any difference to running...

Done the plugs today one was a little dodgy so changed it..
number one was well black so indicated sooting up mis-fire..

Running better but still switching back to petrol when I put my foot down, Just woundering if I have put the large reducer spring in correctly.

I tried adjusting this but it appears to make no difference to running. hex/allen key

I have ordered parts for programming lead should have those in a few days..

Has anyone got an exploded view diagram of one of these, as when I split the gasket the large spring fell out....Just woundering if a collet or similar has bounced somewhere around my garage...
I should have been more curious to see if this was adjustable when I had it in bits but concentrated on cleaning the needel valve without disturbing anything else..

Will split it down again, should be able to do this while its in situ on the car, just removing the gas side...

Its a KME Silver reducer...vaporizer

Stripped down images added all parts here and working

All re fitted to the car. Managed the second strip down of the gas side of the vaporizer whilst it remained in situ on the car.
Note something I had missed first time around was scoring on the inside of the large 27mm gas jet nut (the big one with holes to the right of the large spring bottom right of picture) in which the neeld valve resides. I removed the scoring with light emery paper. This may have caused the mechanism to stick as well as the light heavy ends that were present on the first strip down.

The vaporizer case cover bottom left with adjuster mechanism taken out but sitting on top for photo.

The car has been running fine tonight. Just needs a complete set of new plugs as rossko suggested. As one was worn the other's will not be far behind.....
These were standard merc NGK copper with three earth.

They have done about 10,000 miles

Hoer173

#23 Post by Hoer173 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:00 pm

I had yesterday strip down my Silver vaporizer because my pressure falling down... As example :

Monday i look in the ECU the pressure was Set to 1,5bar on the Front screw...
After 3 days i Look again and the pressure is on 1,3bar... I adjust it to 1,5
After 3 days where i set the falling pressure from 1,3 to 1,5 the pressure is again at 1,3.

Then i open the vaporizer clean all Rubber Parts and clean the needle valve with petrol!
After 4 hours all parts are clean and the gaskets are clean.

I polished the needle from the valve with a polish without silicon.
This polish Kills scratches an make the surface like a brilliant. It is a Heavy polish.

After this i polished the hole of the needle valve... The needle Works very better!

Before i reasamble i put on all Springs Crews and Otter Parts "plastilube" a lubricant that is resistent to very Hot and Cold temperature and is very stable for moving!

Now if i give my car kickdown my pressure falling down from 1,5 to 1,45 at Full load!
Before i clean and repair the vaporizer my pressure fall down from 1,5 to 1,3!!

My vaporizer ist 2 Years old! And have Run 20.000 Kilometers!

At 15.000 Kilometers i have change all filters.

Do you had the Same Problem?

What my Problem is ist i have a engine with 2 Banks !
My bank 1 Runs with higher petrol Times As bank 2!

I have the hana injectors!

If i Change injectors from bank 1 to 2 mitging Change !

What can the fault Be?

Sorry for my english... My German is Better :)