Bl--dy Typical

rob99

Re: Bl--dy Typical

#21 Post by rob99 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi

This is now doing my head in!!!!!

Ran around with a multi-meter plugged in to various places.

1. 5v supply to map sensor does not change when the power loss occurs.
2. Ground wire to the map sensor does not change.
3. One sense (not sure if it's the vacuum or gas pressure) rises from about 2.3v to 2.9v when missing
4. The other sense wire drops from around 1.5v to .5v
5. Supply to matrix injectors rises slightly. Probably because there is no load on it.
6. Measuring the injector pulse on DC range, voltage drops from around 13.4v to 0.6v. Not firing?

Connected USB to the laptop and the power loss/misfire continued. Opened the Zavoli software while the thing was missing and it continued until the software downloaded the data from the ECU. It now ran faultlessly????
Reloaded the same firmware (4.80) and the fault continued with the laptop disconnected.

Is the ECU knackered or is there some connection that could cause this issue? I'll take the ECU into work and have a look to see if there is anything obvious.
If it is knackered has anyone got a suitable ecu that will plug straight in. It's an early non OBD AEB 2568.

Had enough for today going for the bottle of wine :D

Rob

rob99

#22 Post by rob99 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi Gents

Been having a look around to see if anyone else has had this kind of issue and found this by Gibertd

(Wasn't there someone on here a few months ago that replaced a dead or dying OMVL ECU with a King and found it identical except for different firmware (meaning it needed different software) and a considerably lower price? If I remember right, there were two or three people that had some sort of weird problem with OMVL Dream ECUs that would only work properly if the computer was attached to them but would do all sorts of weird things as soon as it was disconnected. There was a lot of theorising about differing earth potentials and the like but the cause was never identified and the easy fix was to swap the ECU.)

Is this what is happening to mine?

Rob

rob99

#23 Post by rob99 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:26 pm

It's a bit quiet in here this week, is everyone on holiday?

is a King ECU a direct replacement? Will it work with the early AEB changeover switch and do they support Matrix injectors?

Rob

Tubbs
Installer

#24 Post by Tubbs » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Yes. Yes and yes.

rob99

#25 Post by rob99 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Ta Tubbs

I thought I'd been excommunicated :D

Was that Yes to you are on holiday, if so I hope your gas system didn't throw a wobbly :D

Looks like I'm stumping up nearly £200 to sort this pile of scrap.
Can I just plug my existing loom into the King ECU?
I believe I can configure the ECU to fire both gas solenoids so I won't have to spoil my beautiful soldering. Is this true?

Thanks

Rob

Tubbs
Installer

#26 Post by Tubbs » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:51 pm

I swapped over a Romano ecu for someone the other day for a king a 4 cylinder, I changed the loom with the injectors on it and changed the injectors and a new reducer. Change over switch was the old Leonardo type toggle switch. It was fine and I only changed the injector loom because the plugs where wrong.
I also switched a zavoli with matrix for a king last year some time. That was just a simple plug it in and set it up job. Untick 'tank solenoid with dedicated wire' if they are both connected together and you are away on the old toggle switch.
Clever old AEB eh ? Backward and forward compatibility.

rob99

#27 Post by rob99 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Ta Mate

Just what I wanted to hear.

Have you ever come across the issue with ECU's behaving when connected to a laptop but playing up when disconnected?

Ta Rob

Tubbs
Installer

#28 Post by Tubbs » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 am

I've seen a couple. But not stacks. Generally zavoli ones with a b prefix in the serial.
I had a range rover in. Customer said that it just randomly stalled, then wouldn't re start.
I drove it around for hours. No problems. Kept it a couple of days. No problems. Drove it without the laptop connected up. The thing stalled. Eventually it re started with a big plume of smoke.
Put the laptop back on. It ran fine. At one point it did stutter but didn't stall. But disconnected the laptop connection. So there was very little I could do but change the ecu really. I've got that in a drawer somewhere.
The other one (also zavoli) just messed about. Ran on some cylinders sometimes and not others. But perfect with the laptop on. Changed that for a king as well.
Both have been fine since.

rob99

#29 Post by rob99 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi Tubbs

Thanks for the reply.

I'll see if I can get a King ecu tomorrow.

Do you think the duff ecu could be reporting the odd gas pressure readings wrongly or does it look like the regulator is also knackered?

Ta Rob

rob99

Fiited My New King ECU

#30 Post by rob99 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Fitted a new King (AEB2568D) and it has cured the power loss without the laptop connected.

The Shogun definitely runs better than ever and is much smoother. Perhaps the old ECU was always playing up.

Still got the Gas pressure issue. I have got a new 8mm solenoid valve to fit tomorrow so will eliminate any restriction. By the time I'd taken into account a new filter then it didn't cost much. If there is a restriction and the regulator is open fully could it be a bit slow in closing down and this is the cause of the large pressure increase on the over-run when the injectors cut off?

Like the ability to turn off individual gas injectors with the D suffix AEB. I have now found the cause of my lumpy popping idle. I know I can work out which injector this is but you lot can do this in your sleep.
I thought I would re-plumb it to use the 4th unused coil in the Matrix block to see if it has any effect. It is fine on petrol.

One last thing I bought a King kit so I now have a new 025 map sensor, change-over switch and a new loom which is no use to me. Any takers? And finally why are a lot of LPG parts stockists Polish? Got the ecu from a place in West Brom, really nice guy.

Thanks Rob

sijones
Intermediate Member

Re: Fiited My New King ECU

#31 Post by sijones » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:12 pm

rob99 wrote:and a new loom which is no use to me. Any takers?
Am currently looking for a loom but the 4 cylinder version, am wondering if yours would work and just ignore the spare wires....

Anyone know?

classicswede
Installer

Re: Fiited My New King ECU

#32 Post by classicswede » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:33 pm

:( No the 3/4 cyl loom is a twin plug but the 5/6/8 is a big single plug
http://www.classicswede.com/
http://www.classicswede.co.uk/LPG/cat17 ... 10800.aspx

LPG installer Anglesey North Wales

DIY LPG Kits