KME Nevo intermittent errors

george chick

KME Nevo intermittent errors

#1 Post by george chick » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:37 am

Throwing 2 faults intermittently, this afternoon.
E028 Control panel malfunction.
E029 Sensor unit malfunction.

Control panel goes dead, no lights.
Sensor unit, anyone know what that means exactlly?
I'm guessing its the vacuum/pressure sensor on the gas side before the injector rail.
I have no idea how to test either of them with a meter, apart from the wiring back to the ecu for continuity.
Plug it into the laptop while it's throwing the faults and ECU seems happy enough, so there's power and switched power.
Software just says wait, like it's waiting for vapouriser temp before switching.
Pretty sure the vapour/gas temp is greyed out in the software, when looking at the signals coming in.

Can resolve the issue and swith over when it's ready then go dead 5 minutes later.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

Re: KME Nevo intermittent errors

#2 Post by Brian_H » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:29 am

I had both of those errors intermittently, and found that the snapshot data saved when the errors occurred showed a low voltage around 9v. It would typically do it after driving for a short time. Cleaning battery terminals helped in my case, though I later discovered an alternator issue which certainly wasn't helping.

I'd look at snapshot data first ( I've accessed this from the mobile app, but it must be available somewhere in the software as well) and then check the plug on the loom that connects to the ecu. You might find reseating it to help. I can only imagine sensor unit is the gas pressure and map sensor as you suspect.

george chick

#3 Post by george chick » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:30 pm

Cheers, just checked the snapshot, didn't pay attention to it earlier.
Doesn't appear to be voltage, showing 14 volts for each error.
I've go some contact cleaner, I'll give the connectors a clean and re-seat anyway and re-seat the 12 volt connection.

I've got a spare alternators from the old car, that i know are good, as the water pump is coming off next week I might swap that out anyway, just to eliminate it, could be a dicky diode pack or something.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#4 Post by Brian_H » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:15 pm

I only discovered it by accident, after trying to track down what was going on with mine (think mine might have been generating other spurious errors as well all around the same time, though seeing what the voltage coming through was at the time I'm not surprised that was the case anyway).

Assuming your using the normal nevo sensor unit (which I'd expect to be the case) then you should see gas temp shown, though if theres a problem with either the sensor unit or the wiring to it that might account for not seeing it. Not sure what the pinout is for the sensor unit to advise if you could check for resistance on it, though if you want to check I have 3 of them here we could compare with?

LPGC
Installer

#5 Post by LPGC » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:47 pm

Nevo does often report sensor (pressure / temperature) and switch errors occurring when voltage is low (even momentarily low such as e.g. during cranking) but if error snapshots show 14v it won't be due to low voltage.

You don't really need a multimeter to test the switch and pressure sensor, you can test switch functions in software and can see pressure readings on screen.

If the red wire to the switch is shorted to earth the switch won't light (obviously) and also the pressure sensor readings and temp readings will read incorrectly - make sure you haven't got a chaffed switch wire that sometimes momentarily shorts to earth.
Full time LPG installer
Servicing / Diagnostics / Repairs to all systems / DIY conversion kits supplied with thorough tech support
Mid Yorkshire
2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon