Prins VSI reducer rebuild question

TNT

Prins VSI reducer rebuild question

#1 Post by TNT » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pm

I'm currently in the process of moveing my LPG conversion to a new car with identical engine. All sorted on the insurance front. I've got everything out now Including the entire wireing loom with the air intake manifold petrol ,gas injectors and wires for the tank in one big lump. :D Refitting should be a fairly straightforward. New faro polypipe to replace all the copper pipe and fittings.

Haveing pulled out the vaporizer/reducer it was clear it had been sprung a slow water leak. I have the rebuld kit and have fitted all the new elbows, o rings. No problems. With the new flange it should be spot on.

The kit also appears to have come with what appears to be new gas regulation and dispersal parts. Everything inside looks pretty clean apart from some heavy ends. Which I will let drain out. But finding a thin walled 19 mm socket to get it out seems impossible.

Any ideas what tools are nessasary or if its even worth doing? It would be a shame to have these nice new parts snd not use them especially if it might save another rebuild down the line.

Edit hopefully i can add pictures if it will help later.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

Re: Prins VSI reducer rebuild question

#2 Post by Brian_H » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:27 pm

The thinnest walled sockets I've got are in a set of spark plug sockets - Offhand not sure what the hex size on the end of them is though, or if they would be thin enough. I will have a look when i get chance if thats any help/

TNT

#3 Post by TNT » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:46 am

Thanks Brian. thanks for trying.

Edit

Maybe a box spanner??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJXxyoDiUD4

Gilbertd
Advanced Member

#4 Post by Gilbertd » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:57 pm

Box spanner should be fine. Spark plug socket will be the wrong size, the 14mm plugs use a 21mm hex while the 10mm plugs use a 16mm hex.
'96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
'93 Range Rover 4.2 LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
'98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, Singlepoint AEB Leo, my daily motor
'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#5 Post by Brian_H » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:12 pm

There are a fair few thin walled sockets listed on Amazon, but I'd suspect the 19mm box spanner would be a better bet to fit the limited space available as its probabbly a bit thinner than the sockets would be.

TNT

#6 Post by TNT » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Grinded down the box spanner knuckles and it works perfectly. :)

Going to finish up rebuilding that later.

Also got the front end almost completely sorted over Friday and Saturday. new rocker cover gasket and the water knuckle leak fixed with a new seal too. plumed in the old air intake manifold with LPG injectors and wiring loom, also mad all the other adaptions to the wiring loom to make it fit the gearbox and oil pressure ( 1 year difference different plugs and sockets ) . All fireing up on petrol first time, got oil pressure and spedo/tacho working :)

Will probably reconnect the fuel level / LPG/petrol switch later today as well and have an easy day today. Then tomorrow plum the vaporizer fitting the tank fuel line to the vaporizer, when I get the calibration software I can finish it up unless I can fluke the correct vaporizer pressure and no other changes need to be made because it's a otherwise identical engine bar tolerances.

TNT

#7 Post by TNT » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:52 pm

Just thought i'd update.

Everything is reinstalled and seemingly working really well bar one slight water leak on one of the T-junctions I installed. Just waiting for the diagnostic cable to help me fine tune everything. Really tired now though