Anywhere in Surrey, Sussex or NW Kent to service my LPG system?

Speedytriple3503

Anywhere in Surrey, Sussex or NW Kent to service my LPG system?

#1 Post by Speedytriple3503 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi All.
Does anyone know of a reputable garage that can service the LPG system in my Range Rover Classic.
It's a very simple, older style system with single mixer, OMVL R90E and Tomasetto unit in a boot tank.
The system hasn't been serviced for a long time and has recently started leaking.
I'm in Surrey, near Jct 6 of the M25, so anywhere in Surrey, Sussex or North/ West Kent would do.
I'm struggling to find anywhere that does it these days!
Any help or recommendations would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Mike

Gilbertd
Advanced Member

Re: Anywhere in Surrey, Sussex or NW Kent to service my LPG system?

#2 Post by Gilbertd » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:31 pm

You're also going to struggle finding someone that still understands a mixer system. I run singlepoint mixer systems on a pair of P38 Range Rovers and they are pretty simple to do it yourself with only a filter to change and a check of the calibration. Any idea what controller it has fitted?
'96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
'93 Range Rover 4.2 LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
'98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, Singlepoint AEB Leo, my daily motor
'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

Speedytriple3503

#3 Post by Speedytriple3503 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Bedini I think?

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#4 Post by Brian_H » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 pm

You might find the attached to help somewhat with explaining how it works if you want to try it yourself
http://www.diy-lpg.co.uk/articles/files/service.html

This is one of the old members here (Simon-Hobson) but covers single point systems. Never head of Bedini, which bit of the kit are you seeing that on?

Any idea where its leaking from or when you notice it leaking (When running, when filling, when its been parked for a while?)

Might help to take some photos and post them on here of the bits you can find, specifically the ecu if you can locate it/if it has one, or the switch if not would help (open loop systems don't have an ecu as such as they are more basic than a closed loop, operating in a way very similar to a petrol carb for the most part)

if you want someone to look at it, Simon (LPGC) would look at it, but hes up in Yorkshire, I don't know of any installers in the area your in, but would suspect most of them would take one look at it and advise it wants swapping out for a multipoint (as they won't know what to do with what you have as they aren't often seen now)

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#5 Post by Brian_H » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:46 pm

Also - if its been untouched for a long time, its worth going round the jubilee clips on the hoses if thats what has been used, and making sure they are actually tight, as they can and do work their way loose over time

DodgeRover1

#6 Post by DodgeRover1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:25 pm

Just wondered how you went on with this @Speedytriple3503 it would be handy to know of any local to me installers. I only knew of Arun autogas but I think they have gone now.

Edit I think they might still be going http://arunservice.co.uk/index.php