Help with forming a Cornwall lpg user group

Anything you would like to suggest, having problems or comments.
simonayres

Help with forming a Cornwall lpg user group

#1 Post by simonayres » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi, I wonder if the forum could help us Cornish lpg users to have a way of contacting each other, with a view to forming a cooperative to buy our own autogas? We have lost our only reasonably priced supplier (calor truro) and without them the others are putting prices even higher.

My idea is a group on this forum site, with a forum message to each member in our area to promote the group, hopefully if enough are interested we can arrange a non-profit cooperative to have our own tank/filling station for cooperative members to fill up at a reasonable price.

Any help the forum can give would be greatly appreciated

Simon Ayres

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

Re: Help with forming a Cornwall lpg user group

#2 Post by Brian_H » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Most of the Calor centres around appear to be pulling out of autogas, I'd suspect thats down to a combination of pressure to not undermine their partnership with Shell, as well as strugging with limited opening hours causing restricted sales (of course that could be addressed with card payment pumps, but they don't seem to be too interested).

Oxford has gone as well, Staff there said they just couldn't sell enough to justify keeping it, but given they open at 9am and close at 4.30pm and aren't open Saturdays thats not really a surprise. I suspect Swindon is going the same way, Liverpool and a few others have had notes appear on filllpg to say they aren't available anymore either.

Your best bet might be to see if you have a local installer down in the area, and see if they can drum up any interest.

It wouldn't do any harm to start a thread under the filling stations section of this forum if you wanted to, then point others to that if you know of anyone.

iandmccormick

Re: Help with forming a Cornwall lpg user group

#3 Post by iandmccormick » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi Simon - I feel your pain, being based on Penryn the Calor outlet was convenient and cheap. I joined the forum recently so have only just picked this up. Did you get anywhere with group buying? Certainly small housing estates negotiate group deals, but I guess they do have a tank to start with! I'd be interested in sharing notes with the local autogas community. Cheers, Ian
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nissan Tino automatic, STAG 300 ISA2 system. Based in Penryn, west Cornwall
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++