LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:04 am 

I'm thinking about buying the above front end ECU second hand with the aim of converting one of my Rover 827s to SGi - i also have a reducer and some injectors i bought from a different idea i had that was kind of doomed before it started. Whether they will be suitable for my 2.7 V6 is another matter as is if they're any good now or not.

That aside, what is the Stag system like? Is it easy to get software/leads for to program it using a laptop? Are they generally reliable systems? Any known trouble spots with them? Several questions there, probably all could be answered fairly simply but the ultimate question is would i be better off spending the extra and buying a new King/AEB SGi system or just sticking with a single point mixer running off a Leo 175?

Something to bear in mind for the last question, i already have a 4.0 XJ Cherokee running a Leo 175, the other Rover 827 i have is going to have a Leo 175 so in this case keeping all my eggs in one basket could be beneficial (ability to swap ECUs/other parts in case of a fault for example) but i really like the idea of getting the intended car onto SGi.

Any thoughts, comments or ideas all greatly appreciated!

Somewhere in Suffolk with a Jeep, 2 Rovers and a V6 Volvo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:06 am 

After a lot of thought (and contacting the seller of said Stag ECU) i've decided to keep it AEB, whether i go for a single point mixer (Leo175) or a King unit for the SGi i already have the software and lead/adaptor to do both types and the lead is another £40ish for the Stag unit - just pushes the cost up even more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:51 pm 
Installer

Leo will probably have the semi transparent square type plug, newer Kings will have the later 4 pin supaseal plug as will Stag.

If you swap the middle 2 pins on a supaseal King plug around the cable should work with Stag. In fact, old type Leo lead should also work with Stag if you change the end connector.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:40 am 

You're right about the Leo Simon but the lead and software i bought and which Richard (Gilbertd) helped me get working also has the adaptor to convert it to the 4-way Supaseal plug and the software covers the King/SGi AEB stuff as well as the Leo stuff.

Final decision on whether the car in question ends up as a Leo single point or an SGi system will depend on the other car - if the difference between gas and petrol is as imperceptible as the Jeep is then it will probably be another Leo.